Thursday, January 6, 2011

Professional And Personal

Year end and early financial year is a nightmare for finance people...

I was having dinner with my friends in Tony Roma's in Sunway (Fendi's paying coz he got big fat bonussss)...was aiming to refill 15 times the bottomless Ice Lemon Tea...having combo steak dinner with prawns...fried mushroom...onion rings...and was expecting to have molten choc for dessert...when my big boss called me up and asked me to go to the office right away because there is an emergency...and it was dinner time...

Being a good officer...i packed up my things...had to leave my friends while at the same time were blabbering to me about how hard it was to have a group dinner between all of us and i had to leave early because of the work demand...huhuhuhu...i am no workaholic...but i tried my best to do the things that is within my jobscope as smoothly as i can...

Off me go to the parking lot and rempitlah di LDP itu...dengan jem nyer...aiyooo...finally reached the office...done the things that i was required to do and within my jurisdiction...wahhh...kelasss bunyi nyer...and now currently waiting for the clock to strike 12 midnite to ensure that it will be the end of financial 2010...then i can go home...

I felt kinda bad about rushing off from the dinner with my very-hard-to-meet friends...i bet i have to hear every single one of them fretting about it for weeks to come...yeah...i am not kidding...but whatever it is...for me personally...job does not come first...its all about prioritising between the two according to the level of priority at the specific moment...it doesn't mean that i put my work above my friends and families...its just that...sometimes...professional life does require us to make some sacrifice...this is one of those times that i had to do that...i feel bad about it...

Professional and personal...its always hard to separate between the two...

ajie
11:37 p.m
6 January 2011
Putrajaya

3 comments:

marmalade said...

i think i have sacrificed too much lah. hahaahhahahahahaha.

now instead of asking myself, "ask not what the country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country", it is now the other way round.

haish.

jay jamil said...

I do agree with kemal and Mala.

Huge sacrifice!!!!

DJ said...

100% setuju!hehehe~