Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Journey of a New Father

It has been 11 days since Rayyan Eusoff was born. After almost a week in the hospital, we were allowed to bring him back. 

Wifey spent the confinement days at our home in Putrajaya. Not going back to her mother's like most new mothers do. Why? well. I do not know. But I am fine with it coz i won't be missing my son so much then. Hahahaha. My mother in law came from time to time to take care of both wifey and Eusoff while i go to work. But when MIL is not around, then i have to prepare everything for them before i go to work.

Nowadays my daily routine starts at 5.30 a.m. in the morning. Boiled the herbal water (for wifey's bath) and cooked rice then take my bath and perform my Subuh prayers. Clean the house (vacuum, mop, etc.) then prepare breakfast for wifey which usually consists of warm water, oatmeal and dates. Bathed Eusoff and changed his diapers and put on his clothes and play around with him while waiting for wifey to finish her bath. Put Eusoff in the baby cot and bring it closer to the window for the morning sun. Then i prepare lunch for wifey (so that she can reheat it in the microwave). The normal cuisine for this week was grilled sliced fish (red snapper, red fish, salmon, tenggiri, etc.) and veggie soup (bitter gourds, carrots, salads, etc.) with brown rice. I am googling more recipes suitable for confinement period. Then i will be back in the afternoon to prepare the lunch and play with Eusoff while wifey had her lunch. Then went back to the office and leave after i could leave the office (i was away for a week so there is a lot of things in my plate) and took care of Eusoff while wifey rest save for breastfeeding the baby which i could not do, not in a million years. Errrrr.

That is basically my routine for the first week after both wifey and Eusoff came back from the hospital. It is tiring but was not stressful. I think i will get used to it after a while. I wanted to hire a confinement lady, but it is way out of my budget and furthermore i could use that cash for the baby. It is a matter of preferences. For those who can afford it, well by all means go ahead because it can ease up your life depending of how many days you wanted the confinement lady to be around. The price nowadays are roughly RM1,000 per week. That could be translated into RM115 per day. Good pay.

But whatever it is. I am still new at this and there are more things that i need to learn about being a father. And i am enjoying every second of it. 

AW

1 comment:

jay jamil said...

congratulations, Mal.

Happy to hear you now as a father to a lovely baby boy. I know confinement can be a testing period but am sure you will do it just fine.

Yeah I was thinking too to save the money for the coming baby, perhaps for the aqiqah ceremony.

Do keep us posted. gambar baby mana?
ahahhahahah